30 January 2011

the return of the painter's block (conquered)

[WEDNESDAY 26 JANUARY 2011]
Couldn't sleep last night, my mind was plagued by the logistics of mounting 1,966 post-it notes.  It is definitely too early to be fretting over such things - the exhibition is at the start of March.  I'll be a sleepless wreck by the end of February...

Enough faffing.  I must go and paint.  Or at least loiter in the studio away from this creative drain that is the computer.

I think I've hit painter's block again.  I know this because I came in from the studio just after 12.00 and I'm still here at 13.24.  And when I was out there before I didn't do anything except paint over 'Home Sweet Home' again, which isn't actually painting, even though it involves a brush and paint.  I knew I shouldn't have prematurely added the 'Procrastination' label to this post.

In other news, I printed off some slides of morse code.  Though I'm not at liberty to say what they spell.

ENOUGH!  I'm turning off the computer.

Well, I'm pleased to say something did get done.  First: the weekly touch-up of the secret date plaque, then: a bright idea.  I had been intending to wait until it got dark to do some projections, but with lack of anything else to do, I went ahead whilst the light was fading.

I now have 2 canvases, sketched out with new neon motifs: The new improved 'Home Sweet Home' with a standardised neon font; and the "rockface no.2", with a morse code message painted into the crack.



All I needed was to have something new to get my teeth into.  And now I'm eager to get back to werk next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment