5 January 2011

the new year message

happy new year campers!
This blog has now been in existence for almost 2 years.  Yes, two whole years of me spouting out my internal dialogue onto the screen.  Two whole years of self-indulgently recording "the struggle".  There have been good days and there have been not so good days.  But it's helped me to not have all this swimming round my head.

I seem to have been a bit slack of late: December shoved my painting to the side in favour of various social and seasonal commitments. And then there was the snow.  But it's the first week of January, and it feels good to be back (to paraphrase a certain fallen glam-rocker.  I say fallen, I probably mean vilified!).

Current news is that I'm involved in an exhibition titled 'Work/Work', investigating the difficult balance of paid work and creative work, for the artist.  The exhibition will take place in March in a sweet little gallery space in East London.  I plan to show an archive of nearly 2000 post-it note "artworks".  I will be presenting my plans/ideas to the group next Wednesday.

And so all that remains is for me to switch off the computer, take up my bag and skip round to the studio.
HI-HO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment