19 January 2011

Destruction reigns: goodbye Home Sweet Home

[WEDNESDAY 19 JANUARY 2011]
I decided to get an early night last night, with the intention of waking up early and getting all the menial background tasks done first thing so I could have a full day of painting at my disposal.  The reality is that I woke up just before 9am, with a splitting headache. I am currently ploughing my way through an abridged list of menial tasks, so I must get on.

The things I do for my art.  I have just spent a stupid amount of time taking 81 post-it notes from a book and sticking them on a monitor.  I took a few photos, and then spent a load more time returning them, in order, to the note-book.  This is just a fanciful thing I wanted to do for the Work/Work exhibition, it will in no way form, or inform, the "artwork", but I wanted to have some documentation of a part of the "artwork".

It is 11.52, and I have wasted enough time.  The studio is calling me...

I did the customary once over of the secret date canvas, then flooded the crack in "the rock face" with more pink paint: Rose Madder, Titanium White, Permanent Geranium, Permanent Magenta.  In a fit of bravery I hinted the spread of the glow onto the edges along the crack.  Not sure if that was a good idea.  I put it aside for another week or two.



I sat there waiting for the inspiration to come.  It didn't.  When inspiration deserts me, it is sometimes good to let destruction reign.  Out comes the sandpaper, and then the white paint: goodbye 'Home Sweet Home'.

No comments:

Post a Comment