2 February 2011

dot-dot-dot-dot / dot / dot-dash-dot-dot / dot-dash-dash-dot

[WEDNESDAY 02 FEBRUARY 2011]
  • Menial computer tasks to do - CHECK
  • Internet distractions minimised - CHECK
  • Tea drunk - CHECK
  • Studio heater on - CHECK
I will now switch off the computer and I will put my shoes on and I will take the short walk outside, around the corner, up the ladder, and there to take my place on the other side of the wall I am currently facing...

The wall was physical, not metaphorical.  The loft is just the other side.

Out comes the Cadmium Red, and I set to outlining the new-improved 'Home Sweet Home', it takes great concentration and a long time.  As I painted in the areas around the last 2 letters, I found myself thinking like E.T. "Home! Ho-ooome!"



Enough of the japes.  Next I tackle the morse-code dots and dashes, painting around them and filling in the crack with what will soon be a deep, dark void.  I take a photo, it looks like some kind of craggy, barnicle-d whale opening its mouth just a crack to reveal some blue lights glowing from deep within.  Strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment