5 January 2011

contemplation

[WEDNESDAY 05 JANUARY 2011]
First day back at the easel after a lonnnnnng break.  It would be nice to say it is easy to just settle back into it.  But that would be a lie.  Conversely it hasn't been the uphill struggle I was expecting, though I have probably been easing myself back in gently.  Need to get my confidence back before I embark on proper painting, so I occupy myself with tinkering away at those more inconsequential tasks.


I have decide to flood the crack in the rock-face with pink neon glow, though at present it just looks like it's been painted over badly with magenta, and I need to wait for that to dry before I embark on the next layer.


There goes my my first bout of proper procrastinating of the year - thank you the internet.  I snapped out of it and made a cup of tea, and trudged back out through the fine, icy rain.  I then sat there listening to the music for probably about 15 minutes in this position:


I'd like to say I was deep in thought, but the truth is I was contemplating nothing more than this:


Time to call it a day, I reckon.

No comments:

Post a Comment