29 January 2011

Neon Painting: I Think Of You And I Smile

I Think Of You And I Smile
2010
oil and mixed media on canvas
165cm x 118cm

A large scale canvas completed in July 2010, this was short-listed for the FringeMK painting prize, for which I submitted the following statement:
A poorly lit back-alley; a bleak and dour town. A stuttering, fluorescent glow draws you in: “I think of you and I smile”. Serene and pure white neon shimmers against a filthy, water-stained wall. A heartfelt and private reflection rendered in stark, clinical form; the plainly personal made unabashedly public.
The painting debuted at my first solo show, also titled 'I Think Of You And I Smile', at Blanch House, Brighton, Aug-Sep 2010.

































And finally, two photos of the painting in-situ at the 'I Think Of You And I Smile' exhibition.

No comments:

Post a Comment