29 April 2010

Another good day

[WEDNESDAY 28 APRIL 2010]
Another good day: no faffing, no computing, no procrastinating. Just good honest hard werk, with the odd tea break from time to time.

I spent the morning tensely neatening the outlines of the ‘electric blue drip’ and the red ‘Amour’ on “Love is… in French”.


Then it was time to start werk on another drip painting: A mixture of cobalt violet and cobalt blue as a base; white-out the neon strip/drip; splash some lemon yellow down the rest of the canvas… Then I had to vacate the loft due to excessive turpentine fumes...

These drips are hard werk! I have them hung on the wall, so I’ve been standing on a brick to reach the top of the canvas, and kneeling on the floor to get to the bottom.

And then there were two:


Still some time, but everything is wet… I return to the “rock-face”, a place I haven’t visited for some time. It has been hung in the lounge and has come under casual scrutiny 2 nights a week, with the odd glance as I watch the telly or read. I feel ready to take it in hand…

Looking better, but still needs some attention.


I finish the day aching and spent. It has been a good day.

Today's palette (clockwise from top left: Rose Madder + Permanent Magenta; Lamp Black; Cadmium Red; Titanium White; Cobalt Violet + Cobalt Blue; Phthalo Blue):

No comments:

Post a Comment