7 April 2010

filth

[WEDNESDAY 07 APRIL 2010]
I have no camera today – so there will be no crap photos to decorate this post. I hardly slept last night and was awake at 7am. It has been a struggle, but I werk on.

I gave myself an easy start searching for white neon images on t’internet for reference purposes. It is hard to paint neon out of the imagination, so it helps to have some pictures to refer to to see how the neon lights up its surroundings.

I hauled ‘SMILE’ out into the loft, which was no mean feat. I added some of that chalky white glow and rubbed it back. The letters stand out effervescent and bright, but the background now looks flat and unrealistic. What to do?

As you find me, I have masked off the letters, and I wait for the fluid to dry. I have plans for charcoal like I did with two of the ‘Commemorative Date Plaques’. I will not darken ‘SMILE’ quite as much though: the background just needs knocking back a little under some filth.

Charcoal flying all over the place, black fingers and grimy darkness. I have gone so far, I can’t turn back now, got to see this through…

Have I gone too far and messed it up?

No comments:

Post a Comment