21 April 2010

electric blue drip

[WEDNESDAY 21 APRIL 2010]
Today was a good day. I can always tell a good day because I don't find the time to turn on the computer and type away with my musings and moanings. I arrived to find 'SMILE' looking good, and so I moved it, and the equally large 'Wish You were Here', out of the way. Decks cleared I was ready to begin some new paintings...

It started with projections - a series of parallel vertical lines of varying thickness to choose from:


I traced out a single line on 2 canvases for a pair of neon 'drip' paintings. I envisage them appearing like a single droplet of effervescent liquid running down a vertical surface, bisecting the canvas in a kind of homage to Barnett Newman's 'Zip'.

This one will have an electric blue drip. I washed some Vermillion paint down the two halves to break down the blank canvas areas.





















I spent the rest of the afternoon painstakingly whiting in the blue neon letters and smoothing the outlines of 'Love Is Amour...'

No comments:

Post a Comment