16 February 2011

the search and the signature

[WEDNESDAY 16 FEBRUARY 2011]
I am currently searching for magnets as a possible display solution for my post-it notes.  It would be helpful if all the companies I have emailed would at least reply with an estimate of costs.  Customer service just ain't what it used to be in these web-based times.  I'm on the verge of finding their phone numbers and hassling them on the phone.  I don't have much time.

Here I go to do a trial run of marking out the wall for post-it notes.

It took me 30 minutes to mark out the points for 256 notes.  So I estimate it will probably take just over 4 hours of solid graft to mark out the full 2,025 points.  That's not including rest breaks. Or mistakes.

I have to say my arms are sore after just half an hour...  Oh! My!

I just spent a jolly half-hour talking to sales people at magnet suppliers, with varying degrees of helpfulness.  I am rapidly coming to the conclusion it is not a viable idea due to the cost. ho hum!

LUNCH.

The ceremonial signing of the secret commemorative date plaque has taken place.



3.26pm: I have just finished painting in the new 'Home Sweet Home' letters.  NEXT.

Still no news form the magnet makers.  I have to get out and do some painting to take my mind off this preoccupation.  I did some blue neon painting - the first layer of the morse code message.  I had a load of paint left over so it was spent on a small canvas that's been kicking around of a kind of oscilloscope/heart monitor signal.

In between I made a valentines card for my beloved.  No I didn't forget, we just decided to have valentines at the end of the week when we will actually see each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment