27 October 2010

OXIDE OF CHROMIUM

[WEDNESDAY 27 OCTOBER 2010]
I have spent this morning doing some (payed) werk, and also catching up on a few emails and things. It is now 10.43am and I will go and make a cup of tea and head on out to the studio...

It is now 10.53am and I am still on this infernal computer.  I really, honestly, am going now.

First task: I paint in some sky and find a vintage tube of Oxide of Chromium to give to the trees


Post-lunch: Another fun-filled time painting and pouring on "rock face" number 2.



Later: I was merrily werking away, intending to bring the neon glow on the secret date plaque back to a whiter shade (it's looking decidedly yellow).  But too much paint, and we're losing the background.  I blend it out good and hard.  Still no joy.  Emergency procedures: flood a load of white spirit down the surface.



And then I have to go and fuck it up completely.  I was rubbing it back, but the white has spread everywhere, the background is getting lost under a haze of white, which is growing and growing.  fuckfuckfuck.

Looks like we're back to scratch.  I add some green and black to get rid of the white, but I have a feeling I'll be starting again on this from the ground up next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment