3 November 2010

a corner turned

[WEDNESDAY 03 NOVEMBER 2010]
Just doing some computering before I head out into the crisp sunny morn... And I'm off.

I faffed for a bit with the secret date plaque, then made some more mess on "Rock face" number 2.  Then I had to do a bit of payed work for an hour.  By which time it was time for lunch.  After which I can't resist checking my emails, even though I know it will end in yet another bout of procrastination.

This afternoon I will do some proper painting.

Progress was slow: a flurry of activity on the pink neon path (trickling down through the crack in the old "rock face"), but then I was stuck.  I threw some more oily muck down the latest "rock face" just to try and unlock the creative forces.  No joy.


Cup of tea and a bit of tinkering with an old amplifier...

Around 4.30pm there was a change.  I decided to have a mess with SSSHH.  This white neon in blackness has been evading me for too long. Time to take it in hand.  I found a neon photo on the computer: White neon with a green tint in the glow.  Recipe: Titanium White + a touch of Emerald Green +  a smidgen of Prussian Blue (Lamp Black to darken).

Success!  I leave the studio with a spring in my step and a corner turned.


No comments:

Post a Comment