30 June 2010

Oh! Wednesday Painter, what have you done?

[WEDNESDAY 30 JUNE 2010]
I've been putting in some extra shifts. I was here on Monday werking away on 'Wish You Were Here'. The reason: it has been selected for exhibition in Southend-on-Sea. Next week!

I have a lot to do, still struggling to make this neon glow work against the seascape. I have taken to werking on it outside. It's been so hot in the loft, plus it tends to dry quicker out in the air, and I can prop it up in the sun during breaks, to speed up the drying process a little more.

It is hot. I werk up close on the orange-y glow... Then some Cadmium Red to bring it out into the surrounding darker reds. Got to make sure it doesn't get too opake...
After lunch: I use some chalk pastel to make suggest the spill of the glow onto the beach.
It doesn't quite do it for me.

I add some black ink to the neon's supporting structure. WRONG! Got to knock it back, but it's all too wet, every bit of paint I add smudges the black and makes a mess...

I turn my attentions to the beach: paint and pastels, charcoal, sand, water. Oh! Wednesday Painter, what have you done?

No comments:

Post a Comment