3 June 2010

Like I never left

[THURSDAY 03 JUNE 2010]
It is strange being back after 2 weeks away. Well not so strange as difficult to step straight back into painting. I saw so many incredible and beautiful things in Japan and came back with a head full of ideas. And I'm greeted by 3 canvases that demand to be taken in hand.

There's nothing for it but to do something rash. I have a pot of shitty brown paint erroneously mixed for the beach on the 'Wish You Were Here' seascape. I took a puerile photo of this pot of shitty brown paint, but I feel it would be somehow offensive to the sophisticated culture that I immersed myself in whilst on holiday. I slap the brown paint all over the dark void on the blue drip.

I do the same with some leftover pale grey/green on the purple drip. It is pleasing to paint without too much thought.

I feel like I'm back in the swing now. I turn my attentions to 'Love is Amour in French' and werk on the blue neon glow.

After lunch I pay some attention to the blue drip neon glow, and then back to 'Love is Amour...' increasing the blue glow and bringing in the darkness. It feels like I never left. In a good way.

No comments:

Post a Comment