7 July 2010

artistic license versus stone-cold reality

[WEDNESDAY 07 JULY 2010]
I was here again on Monday, skiving off paid work to do a bit more werk on 'Wish You Were Here'.

Here's how it looks this morning, just a little more attention and I'll be happy with it. I just hope I don't go and fuck it up now!

It looks like rain. Which is a pain. It means I am probably going to have to drag the great hulk of a canvas back up into the loft and werk on it there. I've been enjoying werking outside, especially as it has been so hot of late.

You find me at the end of my lunch break. I wanted to make the letters more fuzzy and fizzy. I am not sure if that was the right thing to do... I've set up a fan to try and dry the paint a bit quicker. It doesn't seem to be working.

16.19: Things are looking better: I have all but blotted out any suggestion of the supporting cross-beam that had been threatening to spoil the neon glow. A triumph of artistic license over stone-cold reality. It's got to look good and make an impact, and that supporting structure was not helping the cause.

18.20: I am done for the day. In comes the painting, on goes the fan, away go the paints and brushes and spirits. Just got to hope the white has dried a bit for tomorrow so I can finish it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment