22 July 2010

whoop

[THURSDAY 22 JULY 2010]
Lunch time: Things have been going well this morning. There have been moments when I have almost whooped with joy. I have been werking on 'LOVE IS AMOUR IN FRENCH'. As things stand it is looking good. Just a bit more werk on the deep red neon areas...

14.45. Down tools. 'LOVE IS AMOUR IN FRENCH' is taken out for daylight inspection. I hang it on the wall in the lounge. It glows down on me.

I have a cup of tea to celebrate.

Back in the loft, two options: Blue Drip or Purple Drip. The purple one is looking a bit saggy in the canvas department. Curse you fine-weave canvas! Following my success with the blue neon this morning, I opt for the blue drip. And by the time I am done it has taken on a whole new glow. Just a bit of darkness at the fade. I'll need to darken the background a touch next time. I step back in the half-light...

...And Wednesday Painter saw that it was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment