31 March 2010

let's get physical

[WEDNESDAY 31 MARCH 2010]
I've been itching to get painting for the last couple of days. Then Wednesday finally rolls around and I lose the urge. I've procrastinated for too long this morning, I will head out to the loft and get on with it...

I arrive to find some wee beastie has passed already judgement on my werk:


I play some music and open the water colour set. By the time I break for tea there is some definite progress with the shadows:


I return and spend a quick 30 minutes werking on the end elevation, and paying some attention to the roof ornamentation. And this is how I leave it:



Just some time to white over a primed canvas before lunch. I exit covered in specks of household emulsion.

Remember 'Wish You Were Here'? I wrestle the behemoth seascape onto the studio wall.


It's a daunting thing to have in front of you, especially when you can't get any distance from it. I throw charcoal, sand, water and paint at it. It is satisfyingly physical.

No comments:

Post a Comment