24 February 2010

some actual painting

[WEDNESDAY 24 FEBRUARY 2010]
I am fed up with the rain and the snow and the cold, and building work continues so I don't have a proper place to werk, and there's mud and silt and crap everywhere. But I'm back from doing my disappearing act last week...

I've been printing some transparencies to project for new paintings - another tool of the artist - they help with composition.

And now, I might even have a stab at doing some actual painting. With a brush and paint and all that.

6.21pm: I have been a good Wednesday Painter. I've probably had my most productive day in a long time.

I added some tentative glow to the 'NO' on 'No/Yes'.

I tested out some colour mix combinations for 'Love Is Amour In French' - Phthalo Blue with Permanent Geranium and Napthol Crimson, added to Lamp Black and Ivory Black. Then Cobalt Blue mixed with the same colours.


I painted the outlines of the base layer of 'Love Is Amour...'


Then I came inside and continued the ongoing werk on 'SMILE' knocking back those drop shadows and adding a top layer of Titanium White with a hint of Prussian Blue to the neon letters.


There will be no Wednesday Painting next week. I will be on holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment