10 February 2010

Love is 'Amour' in French

[WEDNESDAY 10 FEBRUARY 2010]
It is Wednesday, 9.30am, and it is snowing yet a-bloody-gain. That's four times it's snowed on a Wednesday this year, and we're only 6 weeks into 2010!

The sun has come out now, and I really should get out there and do some werk. Got a bit of spring cleaning to do, and some priming of canvases, and some sketches for a new painting, and...

Midday: It is snowing again, more heavily now. I have hoovered the loft, and chucked out the manky old rug that shed bits of fluff everywhere. So I have a shiny clean studio space to work in now.


I just spent half-an-hour re-stretching the canvas I'd emulsioned last week - it had succumbed to heavy saggage during the week. I'm hoping re-stretching will save it.

I have made some colour sketches for a new painting:
'LOVE IS AMOUR IN FRENCH'
It seems a little cliched, but my favourite colour combination is the blue and red.


That saggy canvas looks like it might have been saved. Fingers crossed it won't have gone all slack again when I return next week. Pleasepleaseplease.

To finish, I started making a valentine card for my beloved with inks and water and canvas.

No comments:

Post a Comment