7 March 2012

the old routine

[WEDNESDAY 07 MARCH 2012]
It is 11.24am.  I should be out in the studio painting.  But instead I've opted to begin today's blog.  The weather is foul: a sheet of fine drizzle driving in at a 45 degree angle.  This makes moving the 'Home Sweet Home' canvas back to the studio something of an impossibility.  I should probably re-commence werk on the blue 'morse-code' canvas.

I will stop typing and head on my way now...

A short bout of werk followed.  The rain stopped long enough to allow the transfer of the 'HSH' canvas from house to garage. Feeling a bit peckish now.  As you may have noticed I'm not quite so full of purpose today.  This is partly due to the exhibition I had in the pipeline falling through.  Probably a blessing to be honest.  So I seem to have just slipped quickly back into the old routine, and am just carrying on as before.

Thank heavens for long afternoons. Between 2.30pm and 7pm I werked hard on the blue neon 'morse-code', adding extra glow and laying the foundations for the blue glow catching the edges of the "rock face".

The canvas is removed from the studio and placed in a room, in the real world.


Still time to paint, though, so I pay close attention to the green neon bordering on 'HSH', dry brushing and spreading the glow and letting go - carefree painting, gestural strokes, loose wrists. Painting joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment