19 October 2011

Day of discipline


[WEDNESDAY 19 OCTOBER 2011]
Today I am determined to get painting first, then do all the other crap during breaks later in the day.  I'm going outside, I will, hopefully, be some time.


I return, with a few hours' orange neon painting under my belt, and a hunger in my tummy.

---SNIPPET OF INTERNAL MONOLOGUE---

- Discipline yourself Wednesday Painter, you can't sit here all afternoon supping tea watching the internet.
- Just let me finish my cup of tea and I'll be off.

---MONOLOGUE ENDS---

Another pass of the 'Home Sweet Home' canvas, making those neon letters bright white.  So bright I gotta wear shades.

at 18.39 I clean up the brushes and switch off the lights.

The last hours were spent on green neon - fluid, easy painting - a pleasure.


Discipline is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment