5 August 2011

week off

I did no painting last week.  Instead I spent Tuesday travelling up to Manchester to deliver Wish You Were Here to the BlankSpace Gallery for a forthcoming exhibition titled 'No. 1: Paint'.  We spent a whole 10 minutes in Manchester, deciding to make tracks when a gang of yoofs came by with their hoods up putting on their woolly gloves as if they were off to have a snowball fight.  There were riots in Manchester and Salford that night. There were no reported snowball fights.

On Thursday Verity and I attended the WBS logo awards ceremony at the Design Council in London. We enjoyed a slap-up meal and ample wine, met some interesting people, and I came home with a 2nd prize for my re-rendering of their logo in blue neon after Barnett Newman.

Here is a portrait of the artist with the artwerk, after the awards and the ample wine and the slap-up meal and the interesting people.



5 comments:

  1. Rumour has it the Dean of the school has chosen my artwerk to grace the walls of his office.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And don't you look dapper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I like to think I scrub up quite well when I'm not covered in paint.

    Thanks Clare

    ReplyDelete