30 March 2011

Remedial werk

[WEDNESDAY 30 MARCH 2011]
11.20am and I've not even made a move to go and paint.  I am a bad bad boy.

I will make a cup of tea and migrate all my bits and pieces forthwith.

Everything in the studio is wet.  I don't mean wet water, wet.  I mean wet paint, wet.  At least all the things I had considered working on today are.

Plan B.  The pink "path of least resistance" returns from the temporary gallery in the house.   I am satisfied with the glow, but the edges of the crack don't look concrete enough, and the crack itself looks more like a shallow hole than a deep void.


Time to tackle the crack then...  It soon becomes evident that some demolition is in order.  I take a deep breath and remove part of the rocky edge.


I will just need to cover it up now with darkness and glow.  Next time...

After this minor, but successful, step.  I find myself once again short of werk.  Maybe it's time to finally take an old nemesis to task.  I load up some reference photos and dig out 'Ne Travaillez Jamais' from behind a stack of canvases.  I also prop the 'No/Yes' canvas on the easel, this will be my testing ground.

I make notes as I go, of each step of the painting process.  Still have a lot to learn.  But I conclude that the shadows I'd painted in on the main canvas are not necessary/pointless.  I paint them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment