16 March 2011

The false start and the mistake

[WEDNESDAY 16 MARCH 2011]
I had a false start: loaded up the brush with blue paint, put it to the canvas, smeared the paint around a bit. It was too wet to work on. Get back in your corner Morse Code painting.

That's thrown me. All my plans for the day down the drain. I wanted to continue with the blue neon...

Hung on the wall beside me is a large square canvas with a depiction of Le Corbusier's Marseille Unite d'Habitation. I look at it for a long time, until I'm brave enough to start removing the masking fluid.


Big mistake.  It's lost all its impact and definition.  Bugger.

Maybe if I stick some white over it and run it off with white spirit? Nope.  Again?  No. More? Still not.  I pick out the shadows with some dark oil paint, getting better, but a long long way to go...


I'm not sure how I'm going to rectify this, but I will find a way.  I turn to the 'Home Sweet Home' canvas and paint around the letters with the first proper layer of glow - Cadmium Red and Permanent Geranium.

No comments:

Post a Comment