25 August 2010

weathering

[WEDNESDAY 25 AUGUST 2010]
Step 1: paint in neon numbers.
Step 2: more verdigris coloured oil paint



Then the rain came. I propped the secret canvas outside for a brief spell of weathering, and retired inside for lunch.

While the secret canvas is getting wet. I turn my attention to the old "rock face": I am starting from scratch on the neon, so I begin by laying down a base coat of pink along the edges of the new serpentine line that trickles down the canvas. Done.



Next! Perhaps I'll try tackling a bit more of the red neon on green background. I need to experiment on 'No/Yes' before I can apply it to 'Ne Travaillez Jamais'. Cadmium Red and Permanent Geranium around the letters, then Cadmium Yellow with Titanium White to fill the letters in. And blend.

After contemplating my next move, I add a smidgen of white to the mix of Cadmium Red and Permanent Geranium on my palette. This is painted over the red glow and blended out again.

No comments:

Post a Comment