4 August 2010

Julian Clary isn't here

[WEDNESDAY 04 AUGUST 2010]
It is already 10.25 and no painting has been done yet. The morning has been spent sending emails and reminders about my exhibition.

I was here on Monday afternoon, shirking payed work and painting. I was happy with what I left on Monday evening. I have a feeling one of the neon drips might need a little more werk, but aside from that I'm almost ready for Sunday. I don't think I've ever been this organised for an exhibition... It makes me feel a little uneasy.

It has just started tipping down with rain, which means my plan to move paintings in from the loft, and others out to the loft, has been scuppered. I also just realised I have black paint all over my hands, which is probably now on half the washing I've just brought in. Oops. I then got a phone call from someone asking to speak to Julian Clary. For some reason this doesn't surprise me...

12.51: I've just come off the phone from an interview with a girl called Nione (pronounced Neon - what are the chances?) from The Argus (turns out it was her wanting to speak with Mr. Clary) - they will be doing a feature on my exhibition in Saturday's edition.

I have signed all the finished paintings, and I've signed 'SMILE' too, each has been moved into the empty extension, photographed, and now awaits further orders.



I have moved all the paintings into the extension, and blocked off the doorway to avoid the cat rubbing against the wet paint. I will be back tomorrow evening to wrap them up ready for the big move on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment