30 May 2012

The painter's progress

[WEDNESDAY 30 MAY 2012]
Today I have been a good Wednesday Painter and werked all the way through until 5.30pm, and didn't go on the computer once.

I headed for the garret with a real sense of purpose this morning, and set about tackling the old 'rock face/blue morse code' canvas, concentrating on the edges of the crack and knocking back the leaking blue glow. I threw many things at it including chalk, charcoal, ink, oil paint, and dirty water, with fingers, knuckles, household paint brushes, artists' paint brushes, and even a toothbrush.


After lunch, I returned to deal with 'Home Sweet Home', blackening the background void and lessening the green glow, then allowing the deeper, darker reds to spread outwards.  I also touched up that troublesome area betwixt the orange neon heart and the ends of the green neon borders.


NEXT! While I still had time, I brought out the '&RUGS' canvas and swiped some lamp black around the edges of the red glow, then blended it in with various shades of luscious Crimson and Red.

Today was a good day, and the painter's progress continues.




2 comments: