6 July 2011

The cup of filth

[WEDNESDAY 06 JULY 2011]
More paid work this morning.  It is midday, the clouds have opened and I'm just about ready to paint.  Today will be all about the blue neon.  I have some morse code craving my attentions, and I need practice so I can work on that competition canvas at home tomorrow.

Now the morse code is wet with rich Phthalo Blue paint, and I can't touch it for another 2 weeks.  It is a good job I'm werking the competition canvas in acrylics - dry by the time I've cleaned my brush...

I'm not going to win any prizes for being the conscientious painter today, I faffed and I time wasted and I did a bit here and a bit there, and all the while in the back of my mind I knew that the real painting was going to take place tomorrow, at home, with the Thursday Painter at the helm.

Still, I have some progress to show for my hours here:

I made some more mess on the chintzy, twee canvas


I picked out the shadows and detail of the windows and balconies of the building, darkness spilling out of the cup of filth.



No comments:

Post a Comment