29 September 2010

pale yellow goo

[WEDNESDAY 29 SEPTEMBER 2010]
After taking down my exhibition on Monday, I had to catch up with a couple of hours' work.  So I am late to the studio.  I will stay later today to make up for lost time.

Painting begins after lunch...

I've been werking at the "rock face", gradually building up the pink neon glow again.  I don't do pink much, so it's a case of trying to remember the best mixes of paint, and in the right order.  I set it aside to dry.


The current top secret painting is still wet.  So I begin work on a new canvas.  A merry hour is spent ripping up bits of cardboard and gluing them to the surface.  I plan to build up a new rock face in relief, with neon glowing out from a pitch dark crevice.



Sometime earlier this year I began a large square canvas watercoloured with Le Corbusier's Unité d'Habitation.  Today this canvas made a re-appearance on the wall.  Out came the masking fluid...  and now it oozes down the surface coating the building in pale yellow goo.



I finish the day with a bit of a clear out.  I find some old canvases my friend Sarah gave me, rip off the old canvas and now I have four small square stretchers to make use of.  I also remove some of the other crap that lurks in the corners of the loft, so that I might have some extra space to store things and to swing the proverbial cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment